The Importance of Certification The value of a precious stone is determined by its gemological makeup, natural rarity and finished quality.Diamonds and gemstones of similar appearance can have important differences in value. Even experts need powerful analytic tools to detect synthetics, treatments and enhancement processes. A Certificate clearly discloses the details of any item it accompanies, providing confidence for both buyer and seller.
Gemstones should only change hands when accompanied by a certificate attesting to quality. Regardless of location or marketplace, an authentic Laboratory Report is the common language of trust and confidence in the gemological world, and should be considered an essential part of any transaction. We take this responsibility very seriously.
1. International Gemological Institute (IGI)
It is the result of continuous research, support and synergy with professionals and consumers alike. Around the world, IGI certificates bring confidence when buying or selling diamonds, gemstones and jewelry.
Total commitment to understanding consumer concerns has motivated IGI to develop comprehensive analysis and clear documentation for consumers. This empowers jewelry buyers to focus on finding precisely what they want, with full assurance in the integrity and quality of the IGI certification.
IGI is the largest organization of its kind, with offices in Antwerp, New York, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Bangkok, Tokyo, Dubai, Tel Aviv, Cavalese, Toronto, Los Angeles, Kolkata, New Delhi, Thrissur, Surat, Chennai and Shanghai . The IGI School of Gemology operates from Antwerp, Mumbai, Dubai and Cavalese, offering a variety of courses designed for professionals and consumer enthusiasts alike.
A certificate from IGI represents the all-important 5th C that no one should be without: Confidence. As the world's largest independent gem certification and appraisal institute for diamonds, colored gemstones and jewelry, IGI is a standard of excellence for industry professionals and consumers around the globe.
Visit their website for more details : www.igiworldwide.com
The Gemological Institute of America commonly abbreviated as GIA was established in 1931 and has been one of the leading authorities on diamonds, gemstones as well as pearls. Since its inception, it has stood to protect the interests of buyers and sellers across the world by ensuring standards to authenticate a gemstone's quality. The inventors of the 4C's - cut, clarity, colour and carat weight, they established the parameters that help choose quality diamonds, and today, these parameters are the standard in case of gem trade. It has also, since time immemorial, remained a leading source of gem and jewellery information for trading purposes as well as for the public and other worldwide media outlets. The 4C's - Cut, clarity, colour and Carat weight represent the key characteristics that help determine the quality and the value of a diamond. At the GIA laboratories, a comprehensive report helps analyse the quality of the diamond. With an increase in the number of consumers looking for authentication on the diamond purchased, GIA has ensured that the certification it offers provides accurate details to the consumer.
Aside of this, the GIA also offers diploma and certificate programs with comprehensive studies in the fields of gemology, diamonds, coloured stones, jewellery, Jewellery Design & Technology, Jewellery design and CAD/CAM for jewellery, making them pioneers in the field of gemstones and diamonds.
Visit their website for more details: www.giaindia.in
3. BIS hallmark
The BIS hallmark is a system that provides certification of gold as well as silver jewellery that indicates the purity of the metal. This certification authenticates that a piece of gold jewellery purchased, conforms to the standards as laid by the Bureau of Indian Standards which is the national standards organization in India.
This hallmarking of gold jewellery was established in April 2000. The hallmark itself consists of a BIS logo, a 3 digit number that indicates the gold purity, the logo of the assaying center along with the logo or the code of the jeweller and the code that indicates the hallmarking date.
The BIS hallmarking has a high reputation among the jewellery trading industry in India, and is widely accepted by the consumers.
Visit their website for more details: www.bis.org.in
1. Collection of Personally Identifiable Information We collect personally identifiable information (email address, name phone number, etc.) from you when you set up a free account with Om Gold Tradenet Limited. While you can browse some sections of our site without being a registered member, certain activities (such as placing an order) do require registration. We do use your contact information to send you offers based on your previous orders and your interests.
2. Use of Demographic and Profile Data We use personal information to provide the services you request. We use your personal information to troubleshoot problems; collect fees owed; measure interest in our products and services, inform you about online and offline offers and customize your experience. In our efforts to continually improve our product and service offerings, we collect and analyze demographic and profile data about our users' activity on our website. We identify and use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our website.
A "cookie" is a small piece of information stored by a Web server on a Web browser so it can be later read back from that browser. Cookies are useful for enabling the browser to remember information specific to a given user. Om Gold Tradenet Limited places both permanent and temporary cookies in your computer's hard drive. Om Gold Tradenet Limited 's cookies do not contain any of your personally identifiable information.
3. Security Precautions Our site has stringent security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Whenever you change or access your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. Once your information is in our possession we adhere to strict security guidelines, protecting it against unauthorized access.
4. Choice/Opt-Out Om Gold Tradenet Limited provides all users with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving non-essential (promotional, marketing-related) communications from us on behalf of our partners, and from us in general, after setting up an account.
5. Questions? Questions regarding this statement should be directed to the following address: